Virtue of the Month
RESPONSIBILITY: means to be accountable, dependable and trustworthy for what you say or do. A responsible person is able to answer for their own actions and obligations; is able to choose between what is right or wrong; takes care of themselves as well as other; and fulfills tasks with reliability and commitment.
HOW TO BE A RESPONSIBLE PERSON
- Be accountable for your own actions and words
- Fix your mistakes
- Don't make excuses or blame others
- Think before you act or speak and consider the consequences
- When you agree to do something, do it!
- Show that you can be reliable and dependable
- Don’t make others do what you are supposed to do
- Help take care of your school and environment
HOW CAN TEACHERS MODEL RESPONSIBILITY?
- Be organized and prepared
- Give recognition when a student has acted responsibly
- Give your students the opportunity to do tasks, make decisions, and take consequences for not completing individual or group work
DISCUSS THESE QUOTES WITH YOUR STUDENTS:
“With great power comes great responsibility” - Stanley Martin Lieber “I believe that every right implies a responsibility; every opportunity an obligation; every possession a duty” - John D. Rockefeller, Jr.
“Parents can only give good advice or put their children on the right path, but the final forming of a person's character lies in their own hands” -Anne Frank