St. Theresa School in conjunction with the Knights of Columbus will hold its canned food drive for the needy. The food drive will begin Thursday, November 2nd, and end Wednesday, November 22nd. The donations will be sent to St. Michaelís, San Juan Bosco Parish, Gesu, and migrant workers in Homestead.
We will be gathering specific food items that meet the needs of those whom we are helping. Each homeroom will need several decorated boxes to hold the items. Please refer to the list of designated foods needed according to grade level. This procedure will help expedite the sorting process for the volunteers after the generous amount of food has been collected.
If anyone would like to make a monetary contribution in order to purchase turkeys, please send the money to Ms. de la Osa/Rm 206 or to Ms. Bonner in the front office. In the past, STS has always been very generous with its canned food drive. We are most certain that once again this event will be a great success. However, most importantly, we should keep in mind that this is a viable manner in which to teach our children the importance of helping others who are less fortunate.
Please keep in mind, that your generosity and continued support are most essential in this endeavor. Needless to say, none of this would be remotely possible without your kind assistance. In essence, we and the Knights of Columbus wholeheartedly wish to express our gratitude for your continued participation and unending cooperation.
God bless you,
4th Grade Team
The following are the food items needed according to grade levels:
- Pre-Kinder: Corn flour (Maseca brand if possible).
- Kindergarten: Cereal boxes, oatmeal packets, and dry milk.
- 1st Grade: Canned fruits and canned meats.
- 2nd Grade: Canned Vegetables (Corn, peas, carrots, asparagus, etc.).
- 3rd Grade: Tomato sauces (paste, chunky, diced, etc.).
- 4th Grade: Potato boxes and pastas.
- 5th Grade: Cooking oil and white All-purpose flour.
- 6th Grade: Canned meats and canned beans (black, pinto, kidney, etc.).
- 7th Grade: White rice (2lb. bags or smaller).
- 8th Grade: Dry pinto beans or any kind of dry beans.
Again, thank you for all your support!